Top 10 Reasons Everyone Should Attend the Knoxville News Sentinel Open
- Everyone needs a reason to dress up, wear a hat, and pretend you know something, really anything about golf. You can pick up some street cred in Farragut by dressing the part.
- At the 16th hole, by the Calhoun’s tent, the competitors shoot over the water for “Birdies for Thirty.” If the golfer birdies the hole – viewers will enjoy half price beer for half an hour. Come on, this is just awesome. Even if you stop reading now – those two things make it worth this day!
- Its an affordable family event! You don’t do this every day. Get out of the house, put on your best knickers and go do something different! Parking is $5 and tickets are $10 for a General Admission pass. You can purchase high end tickets at the Calhoun’s BBQ Shack at the Heineken House for $80/day where you have a comfortable view of the 16th green with with full service hospitality.
- The scenery at Fox Den golf course is incredible. “Fox Den is without a doubt one of the most beautiful pieces of land I’ve ever worked on. It has everything – rolling hills, beautiful wooded areas, and long fairway stretches, all located in front of the magnificent backdrop of the Great Smokies.” -William Byrd
- It is actually good golf! This tournament is on the Web.com Tour and is one of four original Tour events still played. You WILL see some great talented golfers during this tournament.
- This is networking HEAVEN for business professionals. Buy some tickets, invite some people you’ve been wanting to speak business with and land some deals! The casual and fun atmosphere is perfect for chatting it up with potential clients.
- The tournament helps with many different Knoxville charities including the Empty Stocking Fund, Make-A-Wish, Second Harvest, Provision Foundation and more! Caring is sharing people.
- Seeing “stars” before they become Stars! Some past competitors of the Knoxville Open have went on to play in the PGA tour.
- It is towards the end of the golf season so the players are playing their best golf because they’re looking for the chance to make it to the PGA tour. The Knoxville Open is one of the last tournaments so they are really trying to impress.
- Food venders are located throughout the course, but you’re walking everywhere, so you have EVERY excuse to continue eating and drinking… all day! Now. Go buy your tickets, block your Google calendar from appointments that day and go have some fun Knoxvillians!
Knoxville News Sentinel Open, presented by Pilot: Thursday, August 18th – 21st.
Winning Share: $99,000
Other Ticket Options:Copper Cellar 19th Hole Pass includes a single day entry to the tournament. You will love the comfort and excitement of the tournament while enjoying the luxury this tent has to offer. This pass includes entrance into the 19th hole along with all you can eat buffet compliments of Copper Cellar Catering. The most important addition is the beer, wine, mixed drink, and soft drinks included with this ticket. Ticket price for this option is $150.00.
Fleming’s Ultimate 100 includes a single day entry to the tournament and an ultimate view of the 18th hole all in the comfort of an indoor/outdoor air-conditioned hospitality suite. The suite includes catered food by Fleming’s along with top notch beers and wines along with your meal and incredible view! This ticket is $175.00.