Makeovers don’t have to be expensive, and they will pay you back big-time when it comes time to sell.
Spring-clean your home. Taking the time to do a deep cleaning on your home will pay off (and will make it really nice for you to live there in the meantime!)
Some things that people sometimes miss that buyers notice immediately:
- Clean your windows
- Consider a fresh coat of paint
- Clean or apply new grout in your ceramic tile
- Have your carpets cleaned
- Replace the furnace filter
Spruce up your landscaping. For photos, showings, and open house events you will want the yard to look easy to maintain and appealing.
- Mow the lawn
- Plant some new annuals
- Trim bushes and trees
- Lay down some fresh mulch
- Replace the welcome mat
- Paint the mailbox if needed
- Don’t forget about the backyard
Start packing. You’re going to move, so this is a great time to get a head-start on filling some moving boxes.
- Pack your winter clothes away so closets have more space
- Sell or donate any furniture that you don’t want to move
- Pack your cherished personal and valuable items and store them until you move
- Stage shelves and cupboards
Incorporate fresh colors.
- Replace heavy drapes with light curtains
- Add some pops of color by painting some older furniture, or bring in some fun new accessories or art
- Replace towels, shower curtains and bath rugs
- Check for leaky faucets and pipes
- Tighten handrails
- Replace burnt-out lightbulbs
- Repair or replace torn window screens